Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Is this normal? - Decoration of china cup?

Bet I looked at a thousand images of teacups online. Who knew it would be so hard to see the insides of the teacups. Some are clearly decorated all around. Some are decorated all around but more prominently on the side facing a right handed drinker. Almost all are photographed with the handle on the right so that it's hard to know exactly what, if anything, is on that hidden side. Did find many that appear to be decorated on just the one side, like yours, but difficult to tell. Did find one photo...FINALLY...that definitely is decorated on just the one side (see link below. look at cup on right that is mostly black on the inside). At my other home, I have a full vintage tea set and I think it has the inside decorations on only one side. Unfortunately, I can't really run to verify that. But I'm quite certain. And I KNOW they are authentic because I inherited them. So I don't think your cups are "off" or "seconds". I think they are exactly as they were designed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment