Thursday, July 21, 2011

Any way to recover lost funds due to mistaken arrest?

My Realtor contacted me about a property he thought I might be interested in. After looking around the property, police were outside on the street, and accused me of burglary and theft. There was nothing taken or on my person. My truck was parked across the street, and it contained remodeling tools being used on the currant investment property I have been working on. The police would not make any calls to verify why I was there, or verify my currant project. They were extremely rude and seemed excited about the arrest. They arrested me on felony burg/theft charges and confiscated my truck and all tools as contraband. I have no prior record,am a 55 YOA woman who has been a landowner and tax payer for over 20 years in the next town over. It has cost all of my savings to post bond and hire an attorney, not to mention the loss of truck and tools,, How can this happen in this Country? If they had only taken the time to make a few phone calls, they would know that I am legit. Again, no items removed from the res,and certainly not in my truck. Can I recoup any of my savings after I've been found not guilty? This Police Dept is in a small southern town made up of 3 officers- open 9 to 5 . My daughters friend told her he had overheard his father talking on the phone about how they would distribute the tools. How can one prove this wrongful arrest and wrongful seizure? They will say they had PC because I was in the house, which I don't deny - it was posted for Public Auction the following day- the door was wide open, and the were no walls on the entrance. Nothing was posted other than"Public Auction TTomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment