Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Should i relocate my shop after 1 month of not doing too good?

i opened a silk floral and gift shop on april 30th. My rent is $600 monthly. I love the lay out of the shop but it is on a side street and not enough people come through to see it. I did not make enough money to pay my rent this first month much less any other bills or receive any money for myself. There is a bldg open on the main street now and the rent is $100 less. It is bigger and i was getting ready to add fudge, ice cream and other things to my shop and i would have more room there. I estimate it would take about $1200 to get the bldg in shape for what i am wanting to do plus the cost of what i had planned on adding in the other store too. I also am thinking of adding a tanning bed since there are none in town. I would only be able to add 1 right now. The biggest cost on the remodel of the bldg would be the flooring and the landlord said they might help out with some of that. I also have an option to buy a cigarette store at a very good price(it is in foreclosure) if i could get a loan. My husband wants to do this and add my flowers and things to it. I just am not sure if cigarettes are the thing to get into because they are so expensive but it seems as if everyone is still smoking. Very confused.

No comments:

Post a Comment